Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas Sewing Projects part 2

Wildflowers Zig Zag Cheater Quilt

My Mum gave me a hand and made the Wildflowers cheater quilt for my mother-in-law for Christmas. We used Hakea Green on the binding and Birdies Red on the back. She did a great job and she is going to sew one for herself next.




Shark Beach Bag


For my cousin I made this bag from a shark print. The design was printed on the quilting weigh cotton but I am going to try the voile for a sarong.


Egyptian Puzzle Cushions


For my aunt and uncle I made some cushions from the Egyptian Puzzle collection I designed last year. My uncle lived in Egypt when he was young and I think they both like the Egyptian Style. I designed a new mini chevron pattern for the back that I am going to make available in three colourways.


Owl Cushions


My Dad loves owls and I designed these for him for Christmas. The fabric arrived on the 24th of December so it was a rush to sew them. They are printed on Cotton-Linen which is beautiful to sew with and the colours are lovely and rich.


Reverse side of cushions.





On the back of two of the cushions I have used a previous design, Feather Frenzy, which I have reduced and re-coloured in two different colourways.


Bicycle Cushions


These are three cushions I designed for my father-in-law for Christmas. He loves bicycles and has restored quite a few vintage bikes.


The back view.


Robot Plush Toys


I designed some robot plush toys for my boys for Christmas. I am going to make a few small changes before I put them up for sale in my Spoonflower shop.






2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie,
    Your robots are absolutely adorable! I am sure your boys loved them!!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES I love the robot plushies too! They are quite skeleton-like and creepily cute - no wonder boys love them. It will be great when they are for sale and we can make our own.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...