Monday 24 August 2015

Bush Botanical

This year the theme for the Fabric8 contest is Botanical Sketchbook, Spoonflower has teamed up with Moda Fabrics which is very exciting. This is my entry for the contest, it was very difficult to decide which colourway to enter and in the end I went with the darker background as the line detail and colours really stood out. I love Australian flowers, they have such unique shapes, hopefully they are well suited for the theme of botanical sketchbook.




A close up of the detail, and below my original sketches. The pencil drawings were all scanned and then redrawn in the vector program I use. All the plants and birds are from either my garden and the area I live or from my mother-in-laws garden in northern NSW.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...