Wednesday 10 October 2012

Fabulous Finds


Last Saturday we did a little thrift shopping and antique store visiting at Lobethal and Strathalbyn. I bought this huge spool of yarn from one of the thrift stores at Lobethal. I like to imagine that it was originally from the Old Woollen Mill there however it could have really come from anywhere. It was so beautiful and orange I could not resist. The little bear was from another thrift store across the road. He really wanted to come home with me.


In the afternoon we went to Strathalbyn and I just had a quick look in two of the many antique stores there. I was so happy to find this sewing basket for the collection. The inside is in pretty bad condition but I will try to repair it one day. It is on the my list of things to do.

1 comment:

  1. The sewing basket is just gorgeous Julie :). Please please take before and after pics to share with us when you restore the inside.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...